Timothy Ingold Rant on Haraway

I thought this was superb. Transcribed for your pleasure "If i get annoyed with Latour I get positively angry reading Haraway, its got ...

I thought this was superb.
Transcribed for your pleasure
"If i get annoyed with Latour I get positively angry reading Haraway, its got nothing to do with her arguments, it's her style. I find her style pretentious in the extreme and quite unnecessarily so, it's badly written and it's just that kind of stuff that everybody loves because [its] sort of written in this academese and I'm really fed up with bad academic writing parading as something deep." 

"So anyway I really really don't enjoy reading Haraway. The other reason why I don't enjoy it is most of the time when it comes to the dogs and things, companion, animal stuff, she's catching up where people who have been working on animal - human relations have been talking about this for donkeys years and just re-packaging it. So I'm not terribly impressed. I sort of threw her in because she's been talking about this 'being with the animals' and rest of it - but we knew that!"

He concludes, "in terms of the argument I'm on the same page as she is."

You Might Also Like

0 comments