Anarchic Islet

This story is brilliant! "...a small islet covered with birch trees drifted around for a couple of weeks this summer before being tem...

This story is brilliant!

"...a small islet covered with birch trees drifted around for a couple of weeks this summer before being temporarily harnessed near the centre of Rautalamp (Finland)"




Fearing locals would interact with this unstable canvas, "the floaton will be untied and towed several hundred metres south to the shoreline near the Karjala manor house. There, it is to be permanently anchored next to a more conventional, law-abiding small island."

I cannot articulate how happy this story makes me, partly because I don't know what element tickles me so much. Is it the reminder these islets have an independence of their own, a terraformed eco-unit merrily drifting around? And the way it's been brought back into the mainland, like chiding a runaway infant. Also, the structure is only 1m deep yet 7 - 8m high. I admire that kind of efficiency. I think it resides somewhere here now







You Might Also Like

0 comments