Leveraging The System

The philosopher Jacques Ellul said that the 'sacred' came from nature. But then technology replaced nature, and so the 'sacred&#...

The philosopher Jacques Ellul said that the 'sacred' came from nature. But then technology replaced nature, and so the 'sacred' is now misplaced - we worship technology. 

Well, I think it's time to correct this. It's time technology served us so that we may dance in the fields, eat from the orchard and return the divine. With the vision of an 80's bedroom programmer, let me show you how.

You see, I read artists on Spotify make between $0.006 to $0.0084 per single play of a track. So, I shall release one song. That song will be cut into tiny pieces, 2 seconds long.

Doing the maths (avert your eyes if genius sums makes you nauseous)

- 2 second track = 7,200 plays an hour.
- 7,200 x $0.006 = THOUSANDS of dollars an hour 


or $43.20 an hour if I use a calculator instead of enthusiasm.

All I then need to do is boot up spotify, select 'loop', hit play and leave the room. System leveraged.

I open the front door, feel the soft wind diffuse the kafkian air by my terminal. I leave the keys on the table. 
Adieu, ladies and gentlemen. I have a basket of divinity I need to return. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments